HD-03 - Hex Grid medium
The Hex Grid HD stencil features a pattern of hexagons cut from the sheet, so you lay down the grid onto the base colour, and paint the hexagons on top using the grid stencil.
As part of the sheet you get some larger hexagons that can be used to mask off random segments.
Obviously you can use any colours of your choice, not just those shown.
As standard, our HD stencils come on an (approximately) A4 sized sheet designed to fold down the middle, or sometimes 2x A5 sheets end to end, either way, you get the same amount of stencils.
(A4 = 297 x 210mm or 11.7 x 8.3 inches)
Our HD stencil System utilises a thin flexible self adhesive film material specially designed for this purpose, featuring the following properties.
- Its is self adhesive, but with low tac, to help stop it peeling paint from your models
- Solvent proof, should you with to use solvent based paints.
- Has a moderate amount of stretch to help it go in and around complicated detail.
- transparent, so you can see exactly where you are putting it, but slightly grey in colour so you can still see it.
This video covers removal of small bits from stencils;
But the main points are;
- Take the whole section of on 1 go ( or cut it smaller if you don't need it all )
- once removed, you will need to carefully remove any hexagons that have flipped over/moved, before doing the next part, as if the grid and shapes's get pressed glue, to glue, its a pain getting them off
- stick the stencil to something else like shown in the video, and remove.
- remove all hex' before returning left of grids to the sheet.
Our HD stencils are best used with an airbrush, but some spray cans may be used if care is taken, and they are a thin spray like many primers (gloss sprays will not work well)
Some designs can also work well when used with a sponge to apply the paint.
Brush painting is not ideal, but could be used for some designs if great care was taken.